Was ist THX?
Why choose THX?
THX is a trusted standard certifying the highest level of sound quality with movies and music. The playback of THX certified systems meet critera set forth by professional sound engineers.
THX certified loudspeakers guarantee:
THX certified loudspeakers guarantee:
- Three identically constructed front speakers for a homogenous and precise soundstage.
- Minimal distortion at high levels for consistently clear, detailed playback.
- Nearly linear frequency response for highly transparent sound.
- The use of dipoles as rear speakers for a natural, atmospheric sound.
- THX home cinema sets achieve the same high, distortion-free levels as in professional theaters for a thrilling listening experience.
- THX loudspeakers work well together with THX certified A/V receivers. The various settings such as the cut-off frequency, THX reference level, equalizer, etc are perfectly aligned.
THX® by Teufel
Teufel is Europe's largest THX manufacturer. You'll find it all here, from THX certified soundbars to the ultimate THX surround sound systems.
Cinebar 52 THX
Thrilling THX sound from soundbars is guaranteed by the THX Speakerbar license. With each THX certified soundbar, you can be sure of a dynamic and highly realistic listening experience from a single enclosure system. Teufel Audio's Cinebar 51 THX was the world's first soundbar to earn the THX Speakerbar license.
Those unwilling to brook any compromise when it comes to sound quality, volume and dynamics are well advised to choose a system with the THX Ultra 2 license. Teufel Audio's System 10 THX Ultra 2 is able to fill even larger theaters with powerful and precise sound. The imposing set can even be expanded into a 7.1, 9.1 or 11.1 system.
| Cinebar 52 THX |
| System 4 THX |
| System 5 THX |
| System 8 THX |
| System 10 THX |
|Room size||to 40 m²||to 40 m²||to 50 m²||to 100 m²||to 150 m²|
|Expandable||-||to 11.2||to 11.2||to 11.2||to 11.2|
|Suitable for movie sound||++||+++||++++||++++||++++|
|Suitable for music||++||+++||+++||++++||++++|
|Suitable for gaming||++||+++||++++||++++||++++|
|Front speakers||2-way system||2-way system||2-way system||3-way system||3-way system|
£ 659.99 Details
£ 749.99 Details
£ 1199.99 Details
£ 2599.99 Details
£ 6999.99 Details
- THX was founded in 1983 by George Lucas, the visionary film director behind classic films like Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
- Lucas realized a need to create a standard to ensure that those watching the same enjoyed the same sound experience, no matter what cinema they visited.
- Teufel was awarded its first THX certification in 1996.
- Skywalker Sound (Lucasfilm Ltd.) uses a System 10 THX® Ultra 2™, in order to create professional soundtrack mixes.
THX FAQ - Everything your need to know about THX!
Is THX compatible with Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital, DTS and DTS-HD?Abolutely! THX is a sound standard while Dolby and DTS are sound formats. Sound formats are ways of storing and transmitting a movie's soundtrack. Some are multichannel, some are compressed, high definition, etc. The THX standard simply ensures that all of these incoming sound formats sound as good as possible.
Are THX speakers good for gaming?
Yes, THX speakers are very good for gaming. That's because they create a very realistic and spacious sound image. This will allows you to pinpoint where your opponent is approaching from with greater accuracy. The neutral tuning ensures that every game is played back with natural balance and excellent definition accompanied by a powerful bass foundation.Discover all THX certified products
Are THX speakers good for music listening?Of course! THX loudspeakers are optimized for multi-channel sound signals. The ability of the front speakers to realistically produce effects in a three dimensional soundstage make them equally well-suited for creating an excellent and highly differentiated stereo image.
Do I need to run my THX speakers with a THX certified A/V receiver?Not necessarily! The A/V receiver you use, however, should have a minimum capacity of 90 watts per channel and match the performance of the speakers (maximum amplification power = approx. speaker long term load capacity). There are, however, advantages to using a THX A/V receiver. If you run it, for instance in the THX mode, many settings will be automatically selected.
Um eine Nutzung unseres Online-Shops zu ermöglichen, verwenden wir sog. Cookies. Ohne Cookies können Sie sich auf dieser Website zwar informieren, jedoch nicht einkaufen. Bitte aktivieren Sie Cookies in Ihrem Webbrowser.